Hello hello! My favorite season is nearly here!
You will notice that most of these are in the Historical Fiction genre. That’s because for me personally, I tend to read more of those books in the Fall because something about being transported to another time makes me feel cozy. It’s like being told an old story by a family member or something! Also historical fiction tends to be very vivid, because these past times are described with so much detail and emotion. And I find that vivid stories like that are great for fall.
There are a couple of fantasy books in there – Soulless and the Infernal Devices specifically – that I would recommend reading in autumn because even though they are fantasy, they are set in historical real world places.
I have read all of these, so if you want further thoughts or opinions let me know!
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
- The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare
- The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
- Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller