In an effort to try to get back into the swing of blogging, I am going to attempt to do all four Top 5 Wednesday topics this month! I know!
If you don’t know, Top 5 Wednesday is a Goodreads group currently hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. This week’s topic is Top 5 favorite friendship groups, and I’m super excited about this because I love friendships in my books more than romance!
- Carmen, Bridget, Lena, and Tibby – The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares. These girls are the quintessential friend group for this topic. They were my everything as a read and re-read these books in middle school. Their characters and friendship got me through some very tough times in my life. I would binge read this series and literally as soon as I finished it, I would pick up the first one immediately and start over again. I still adore these books as much as I did then and always will. I love how different each girl is. I love how human and relatable their problems are. I enjoyed watching them change and learn both together and apart. And I love how they love each other.
- Simon, Leah, Nick, and Abby – Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. Tbh I wish I had half of the wit of any of these characters when I was in high school. But that’s besides the point. These four are precious cupcakes and I adore them to bits. They are goals. They know each other super well and the way they tease each other is so cute. They are comfortable enough to hang out with each other just in someone’s house not doing anything. The way they give each other crap is endearing and makes me wish I acted like that with my friends in high school. Plus they have specific tidbits that are wonderful: Leah showing Simon Drarry fanficition, Simon and Abby singing Hamilton together in class, and so much more.
- The Fellowship of the Ring – The Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have surprised by self by putting this all the way at number 3 on this list! These nine characters are iconic though. The film really does their relationships more justice than the books in my opinion. It just shows the nuances between each relationship; like how precious Frodo is to Sam, the long history Aragorn has with Legolas, they respect that Boromir and Aragorn come to have for one another, and more! I just love the blend of characters in this.
- Kaz, Inej, Nina, Jesper, Matthias, and Wylan – Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo. Like, duh. Do I even need to explain?! They are all precious and amazing and wonderful and give me life.
- Cammie, Bex, Liz, and Macey – The Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter. These tiny girls are so cute and badass. They start out so young in this series, but really grow and come to terms with how dark the world can be. They all learn some impressive skills and are some of the smartest girls I’ve ever read about. But what’s really amazing about them is how strong their friendship remains throughout all 6 books. Their friendship never is questioned, and they support Cammie (and each other) through some really tough times and intense changes & revelations. They really grow up together and it’s great.